Each week at a set time, I am busy (very busy!) chatter-nattering about picture books. It’s online within the wonderful worldwide Twitter community. We call it #pblitchat, and anyone can join in – if you have a Twitter account. It’s really very easy.
There are probably countless ways you can take part in a twitter chat – these are the two I’m familiar with. (You can use these forums for different chats – you just change the hash code.)
How to take part in a Twitter #pblitchat:
Once you’re in, it puts the hash code (#pblitchat) in for you automatically. That’s so helpful!! You just have to Tweet! (All the #pblitchat will scroll down below you.)
1. Type your Twitter name in the ‘User:’ box.
2. Type your Twitter password in the ‘Pass:’ box.
3. Type ‘#pblitchat’ in the ‘Hashtag:’ box.
4. And type ‘pblitchat’ into the grey box underneath those – next to ‘Search!’ and ‘Stop’.
5. Hit ‘Search!’ and moments later it will show all the latest #pblitchat posts.
6. Type your comment into the ‘Tweet:’ box – and then hit ‘Tweet!’ to take part in the conversation.
Note: Once you’ve hit in all the information (User/Pass/Hashtag) you just have to type in your message and hit tweet each time. (And like TweetChat – it automatically adds the hash code once you’ve set it up.)
You can sign in and test them at any time – they will show the most recent tweets with the #pblitchat tag. (So there’s always something there.)